decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Eggs, Eggs and More Eggs

I'm not sure why I got off on the egg and nest tangent that I did this year. Before I even knew I was doing it, my house was full of faux nests filled with faux eggs. I'm not saying I don't like them. I do. They say spring to me as well as being peaceful and serene. I'm just saying that I don't think I realized there were so many until I started looking at these pictures.

Somewhere I saw the mixing of spring with silver and since I have some silver pieces that I VERY RARELY ever use, I decided to pull them out. The funny thing is that most of them were wedding gifts and when we could least afford to celebrate or entertain (we were in college and living in a $65/month furnished apartment), I used them all of the time. They must have been quite a juxtaposition next to the lovely ripped vinyl covered sofa but I thought everything was just perfect. Again, I digress! So, I pulled them out-no polishing involved- and filled them with excelsior or twigs and dropped in more of my robin's blue eggs from last year. I must have painted a ton of them, because they are everywhere I look!

I also decided that I love the look of white ironstone for spring. Since I don't have a lot of plain ironstone and simply didn't feel the need to run out and purchase some (although I will admit to purchasing the new, large pitcher that you will see soon) , I just hit my kitchen cupboard and pulled out a bit of my Mikasa English Countryside dinnerware. It works just fine.




I threw in a few egg cups. I have about 2 dozen of them as I used them in some way-don't remember-as name cards for a past celebration. And, of course, I stuck an egg in each. I also added a stone garden bird and some white tulips and called it a day. I think I like the simplicity of it-something kind of hard for me to do and definitely new for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment